Kelvin Birk is a lawyer as well as a certified public accountant, with more than 30 years of experience in accounting and tax and business consulting, and more than 20 years of experience in numerous legal matters.
“My style of representation is one of being a good negotiator and trying to work out a solution, rather than always running to the courthouse and getting involved in protracted litigation.” — Attorney Kelvin Birk
This combined expertise allows our law firm to provide a level of service above that of other firms. Whatever your legal situation, your attorney at Birk Law Firm can counsel you as to the tax implications. We have experience in providing myriad legal representation services to residents of southeast Missouri and other areas.
Kelvin was raised on a local farm and has lived in Cape Girardeau County almost all of his life. He is married and has two children. He and his wife live on a farm in rural Jackson.
Areas of Practice
- Agriculture Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Constitutional Law
- Employment Law — Employee
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Family Law
- Health & Health Care Law
- Social Security — Disability
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Real Estate Law
- Taxation Law
- Workers’ Compensation Law
- Creditor’s Rights
- Farm Succession
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant, Missouri Society of CPAs, 1989
- Missouri, 1999
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2010
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 2010
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- Juris Doctorate cum laude – 1999
- Honors: With Honors
- Southeast Missouri State University
- B.S.B.A. magna cum laude – December, 1988
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Accounting
- Ellsworth Community College, Iowa Falls, Iowa – May, 1984
- Honors: Certificate in Farm Management
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce
- Jackson Chamber of Commerce
Past Employment Positions
- Registered Angus Cattle Herd, Owner
- Begley, Janssen, Young & Birk, LC, CPA, 1988 – 2007
- Kelvin W. Birk, CPA
ALL YOUR LEGAL NEEDS
Why Choose Birk Law?
Birk Law Firm is a small firm by choice that is big on client services. Attorney Kelvin Birk and his team are responsive to their clients’ needs. When we sign on as your law firm, you can count on us for strong legal counsel, from negotiations to settlement to trial.
Our clients benefit from the intertwining of Kelvin Birk’s legal and CPA background and experience. We provide well-rounded advice to solve both legal and financial issues and to come up with creative solutions. We use modern technology to deliver legal services in a more efficient and client-focused manner than was previously possible.
We provide personalized and compassionate service. We believe that each client’s matter is the most important matter in the world to them, and we strive to treat it that way.