Get The Help You Need to Start Your Business from A Skilled Business Formation Lawyer
Starting a business is a serious investment of your time and money. You must get everything right to look out for your family and their financial future. You cannot take any chances, and everything must be 100% legal.
The challenge is figuring out what type of entity to create and what needs to be done to establish everything properly. The Cape Girardeau business formation lawyer can help with our knowledge, experience, and dedication.
Our Corporate Formation Lawyer Cover Your Bases
Birk Law Firm is a small firm by choice that is big on client services. Attorney Kelvin Birk and his team are responsive to their clients’ needs. When we sign on as your law firm, you can count on us for strong legal counsel for all your business needs.
We can assist with all aspects of business formations, including:
- Choosing your legal business form, which may be a limited liability company (LLC), corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship, or other. LLCs are a good choice for a variety of situations because they are flexible in terms of tax choices and management.
- Determining necessary licenses and permits. You may need a city business license, county business license, liquor license, U.S. DOT number, State DOT number, sales tax registration, or any number of permits or licenses particular to your business. We will help you with all you need.
- Registering your business. Forming your business with the Secretary of State may or may not be the only registration that you need to do, depending on your particular type of business. We will let you know what registrations are necessary.
- Employment issues. Many state and federal laws govern the actions of business owners during the hiring and employment process. We help with creating employment agreements, hiring, or firing employees, and making sure you do not run into problems with issues such as job discrimination claims for FMLA, disability, age, race, sex, or pregnancy when advertising job openings or interviewing, hiring, and supervising employees. We will answer questions about issues such as minimum wage, overtime pay, child labor, employee sick leave, and record keeping.
- Contract drafting, negotiating, review, and enforcement. Business owners have to deal with a range of contracts, and these need to be constructed correctly so they are enforceable, whether dealing with employees, vendors, customers, or landlords. We take care of the preparation and negotiation of contracts.
- Agreements. We make sure your agreements, such as shareholder agreements or operating agreements, are in your best interests.
- Sale or purchase of a business. Sometimes the formation of a business entity also involves the purchase of an existing business. Our business law attorneys have represented numerous individuals and businesses involved in buying or selling a business. We represent clients in very large transactions as well as much smaller transactions.
The Birk Law Firm can handle any legal issues for your business. We offer customized legal advice for your situation, including:
- Deciding on the necessary licenses and permits
- Selecting the best type of business to form based on your needs
- Selling or purchasing a business
- Employee issues
- Creating agreements
- Forming contracts
- Farm succession
- Articles of incorporation or organization
- Forming and maintaining a nonprofit 501(c)3
- Addressing partner or shareholder disputes.
We are the Cape Girardeau business formation attorney to call. You will work with a skilled business formation attorney that offers customized and practical advice. We help you to get everything established so you can focus on growing your business.
How We Can Help
Our firm was founded by Kelvin Birk. He has over 30 years of experience working as a CPA and 20 years as an attorney. These skills are invaluable when you are dealing with business law. In addition, Kelvin will advise you on the best ways to go and how to establish your business based on your needs.
We are from Cape Girardeau and offer solutions that reflect your challenges. Kelvin grew up in Cape Girardeau County and is focused on finding the best solutions for you. We are a part of the community and the people you see at church or inside the grocery store. You cannot find this with many big-city attorneys that ignore you. You are just another number to them, and the advice you receive might not be customized to your situation.
We are Cape Girardeau, MO’s, skilled business formation attorney to call. You will work with an experienced attorney that will give your situation the attention it deserves. We will only stop once we create successful outcomes for you. You will get practical and objective legal advice using our experience as a business formation lawyer and CPA.
Contact us now at 573-332-8585 to speak with a skilled attorney. We listen to what you say and apply this to the solutions we recommend for your business.
FAQs about Business Formation
We will always answer your questions before moving forward, and some of the most common questions people ask us include:
What types of business structures are available?
You can set up your business as a sole proprietorship, a corporation, a limited liability, or a partnership. We will help you to decide the best structure for establishing your business.
Can you help me in choosing a name?
We will help you in all aspects of forming your business. This includes choosing a name if you are having these issues.
What kinds of employee issues can you address?
We are a full-service firm that works with you on things such as health, safety, anti-discrimination, wages, and establishing effective procedures. You get customized and practical legal advice for your situation.
Can you help me with intellectual property and trademarks?
Our attorneys practice in all areas of business law. This includes helping you with any challenges for intellectual property and trademarks.
Can you help me with the different contracts for my business?
Our team of lawyers has worked on lots of contracts. We will put our decades of experience to work for you to give you customized legal advice on your contracts.
These may not be your only questions; our attorneys will discuss your specific concerns in your initial consultation.
Get Help from a Business Formation Lawyer
No matter which type of corporation you decide on, Birk Law Firm will perform all of the steps necessary to set it up properly so that you can concentrate on developing your business plan, obtaining financing, and taking care of the myriad other things you need to do. We are highly experienced in business formation and will meet with you and develop a customized plan that meets your specific situation and goals. We will develop and help you implement a business legal structure that is most advantageous for you now and in the future, so that, if you desire, your business will pass on to future generations.
The cost for an attorney to do it right the first time is not that much compared to your other start-up costs and the benefits you will receive for years to come. We provide personalized and focused service. We believe that each client’s matter is the most important matter in the world to them, and we strive to treat it that way.
ALL YOUR LEGAL NEEDS
Why Choose Birk Law?
Birk Law Firm is a small firm by choice that is big on client services. Attorney Kelvin Birk and his team are responsive to their clients’ needs. When we sign on as your law firm, you can count on us for strong legal counsel, from negotiations to settlement to trial.
Our clients benefit from the intertwining of Kelvin Birk’s legal and CPA background and experience. We provide well-rounded advice to solve both legal and financial issues and to come up with creative solutions. We use modern technology to deliver legal services in a more efficient and client-focused manner than was previously possible.
We provide personalized and compassionate service. We believe that each client’s matter is the most important matter in the world to them, and we strive to treat it that way.